Want an interesting and exciting experience? Come out to The Creature Conservancy for an unforgettable program! This is ideal for school groups and non-profit organizations. On-site programs are great because you'll have an hour to closely encounter animals of your choosing with an informative presenter answering all your questions. Our presentation room comfortably accommodates 25-30 people.
What age range are your programs appropriate for? With the appropriate selection of animals and by adjusting the depth of information, our presenters can tailor programs for first graders to seniors.
Are programs available for children under the age of 6? We will not do presentations for children under six for several reasons:
- There are specific instructions on how to touch animals during the hands-on portions of presentations- if not followed, an unsafe situation for both animals and audience members can result.
- There are moments during every program when we need the audience to be very quiet for the safety and comfort of our animals.
- Sometimes animals do funny things that cause audiences to react; we need audiences mature enough that we can quiet them down quickly if necessary.
- Some animals make loud noises or other sounds that are scary to young children.
- Program length (45 minutes and up) is a challenge for young attention spans.
Are there restrooms available? Yes, a men's and a women's room that are both handicap accessible.
How do I reserve the date for my program? After you submit an inquiry and we confirm your animal list with you.
Is the facility easy to find? Yes, we are kitty-corner from the Saline Fairgrounds (a.k.a. the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds) on the northwest corner of Ann Arbor-Saline Road and Pleasant Lake Road. Parties are held in our Education Center, the farmhouse building at the end of the paved parking lot. The address is 4940 Ann Arbor-Saline Road.
How do I get started? By selecting up to 6 animals for your presentation! Click Submit Inquiry to give us your details and make some initial choices, and we'll help you plan the big event!
Is parking available? Yes, there is ample parking right in front of the building.
Is the building handicap accessible? Yes; the presentation rooms are on the ground floor and the sidewalk is ramped from the parking lot to the door.
How quickly can I organize an on-site visit? We typically schedule programs 6-8 weeks in advance.
What is the cost for an on-site? Fees vary depending on the animals you want included and if you schedule your program on the weekday or weekend. Your cost is the total of the charges per animal chosen for your party (with a minimum fee of $175/weekday or $275/weekend). Your total depends on your choice of animals - click Submit Inquiry to see the list. We will call to confirm details.